If you are familiar with body building then, this is not the first time you have encountered the term Whey Protein and perhaps have even taken it as a form of supplement to help you achieve your desired results.
Lifting heavy weights, exercising, running and whatever workout you are doing, you need to make sure that your body is fueled properly while doing them. Mainly, the goal of these fitness routines is to enhance your body physique, sure you’ve got muscles, but they aren’t exactly as ripped as Terry Crews, and that’s what you want to focus on.
So together with proper focus, determination and discipline, your body needs nutritious foods, plus the right amount of protein that would let you shape your body the proper way. Eating a lot of meat is not ideal if you want to get a good amount of protein, so you may consider protein supplements such as whey powder.
Here are the top 10 best whey powders that would provide you with the right amount of protein you need for body building:
1. 100% Whey Gold Standard by Optimum Nutrition – This is one of the top favorites among bodybuilders as it contains 24g or protein per serving. It helps in building lean muscles and regeneration, very crucial when you work out almost every day. With only 120 calories and 1 g of fat, this will surely be able to help you trim your waistline and enhance your muscular form. It contains Glutamic Acid, Glutamine, valine and isoleucine and Leucine, and recognized by the Public Health and Safety Company.
2. SYNTHA-6 by BSN – This is one of the best tasting whey protein supplements, which was very rare, it tastes like milkshake and surely your intake will be enjoyable. Definitely one the whey protein supplements that could serve as a full meal and contains healthy fat, fiber, and essential amino acids. These will help in building your stamina and improving your endurance which would decrease your risk of getting injured while doing physically exhausting activities.
3. Pro JYM by JYM – Contains 5.5 g Whey protein isolate, egg albumin, micellar casein and milk protein isolate, all critical in building your muscles. Although a pure whey protein supplement sounds appealing, it does not work as well as those with additional amino acids and other building blocks that help in muscle growth and Pro JYM is heavy on that.
4. RSP Whey by RSP – has 25g of Protein, low fat and carbs perfect for either pre- or post-workout shake or mixing it in meal replacements.
5. Combat Powder by MusclePharm – Gluten free, delicious and nutritious whey protein you can mix with shakes or other digestive blend to maximize nutrition.
6. PHASE8 by Muscle Tech – Contains 97% Whey Protein Isolate and distinctly blend to power your muscles for 8 hours.
7. COR-Performance Whey by Cellucor – Has 25g of fast –acting whey protein, with appropriate amount of digestive enzyme to make you feel full. Also great tasting, and could be taken as snack, meal replacement or a substitute ingredient for your favorite recipes.
8. 100% Casein Protein Powder by Optimum Nutrition – Comes in wide variety of flavors which contains 24 g of slow digesting micellar casein, and 24g of protein.
9. CytoGainer by CytoSport – This is a whey protein powder rich in glutamine, doesn’t contain simple sugars, and is fat free which is very delicious. Can be used for intense training.
10. 100% Natural Whey by MET-Rx – This natural whey protein has less cholesterol and saturated fat, and provides you with natural protein which is easily absorbed and delivers maximum results when you work out as it help in the stimulation of muscle protein synthesis.