Let’s face it. Party, booze, and good food are possibly the best things in life can offer for the people on-the-go. For the average person, the words “diet” and “exercise” make them cringe. I would, too. Even with these two going together, losing weight, and the other health benefits they bring don’t come easily. And to some, they might not even come right away, if at all.
The recent years have seen more instances on weight-related health issues, in fact doubling since 1980. The World Health Organization indicates that over 40 million kids under 5 were either overweight or obese since 2014. The same fact sheet also states that this issue is preventable.
If you tried losing weight and failed, you are not alone. But, advances in science and technology provide solutions for those who need help. this can be done by using weight loss pills or detox pills like you can read in this pure colon detox review.
Below are some items found to provide positive outcome. There are some that are as easy as picking items from the garden. Remember, talk to your doctor first before trying any of these for yourself. Here are 7 clinically tested weight Loss pills, starting with:
Garcinia Cambogia Extract – Sourced from the skin of Garcinia cambogia, the green pumpkin-like fruit is bombarded with hydroxycitric acid.
- HCA slows down enzymes that produce fat;
- It also suppresses appetite as it raises serotonin levels;
- No known side effects or contraindications with other medications;
- Studies on 2011 and before show people shedding off 2 pounds (0.88 kg) when taken over several weeks.
- May cause some mild digestive irritation.
Hydroxycut is composed mainly of herbal extracts plus caffeine.
- A study shows users lost weight of up to 21 lbs. (9.5 kg) over three months.
- Since there is only one study, more research is needed to better understand its mechanism;
- Those allergic to caffeine exhibit mild symptoms (see entry for Caffeine).
Orlistat which goes by the names “Xenical” and “Alli”; Orlistat blocks some of the fat eaten, which means fewer calories from fat, while the rest just pass out of the body. A low carb diet (even without this) can be effective, too.
- You can cut down about 6 lbs. (2.7 kg) of weight without changing your diet, this according to 11 studies conducted;
- Blood pressure can drop slightly;
- This reduces the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes by up to 37%, according to one study.
- Digestive side effects can crop up, which may include, but not be limited to, loose and oily stools, flatulence, and hard-to-control bowel movements;
- Fat-soluble vitamins, such as A, D, E, and K, may not be absorbed properly by the body. Consuming a low-fat diet can minimize the side effects.
Raspberry Ketone is the chemical that makes raspberries smell the way they do; note that, weight loss supplements contain the synthetic version.
- A study performed on rats states that this substance breaks down fat faster and produces high levels of adiponectin, believed to be associated with weight loss.
- Massive doses caused the reverse on rats;
- There is not one single study to suggest the same effect on humans;
- Your burps can smell like raspberries, which may not be a bad thing.
Glucomannan, also known as konjac, this type of fiber comes from the roots of the elephant yam (Amorphophallus paeoniifolius). It acts like a sponge, sucking in lots of water, turning into a gel.
- As it absorbs fluids in your gut, it expands making you feel full, helping you by not eating more, and thereby reducing caloric intake;
- With a healthy diet, numbers show people losing up to 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) in a matter of 5 weeks;
- Healthy bacteria naturally present in the intestines can feed on it, further promoting a healthy digestive tract;
- It also lowers blood sugar, bad cholesterol, and triglycerides, and makes you less constipated.
- Too much of it can cause bloating, flatulence, and soft stools;
- It can absorb the chemicals of some oral medication when taken at the same time;
- Same goes for food, so it should be taken with a glass of water about 30 minutes before meals.
Meratrim is a new player in the field; Meratrim is a marriage of extract from two plants – the Sphaeranthus indicus flower heads and the Garcinia mangostana fruit rind. The extracts make it harder for fat cells to multiply by reducing fat getting picked up from the bloodstream. Stored fat is also burned.
- According to gold standard clinical studies from the manufacturer, it’s four times more effective at reducing weight by as much as 11 pounds (5 kg) and almost 5 inches (12.7 cm) off their waistlines in a matter of 8 weeks;
- Studies have shown an improvement on the subjects’ wellbeing, quality of life;
- It reduces blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides.
- There are no reports of any side effects or contraindications.
Bitter Orange / Synephrine is a cross between two orange species, Citrus × aurantium, sometimes known as Seville orange, the fruit contains synephrine. The active ingredient is the more preferred choice among weight loss formula manufacturers, due to the fact that ephedrine (to which it is related) has been banned by the Food and Drug Administration in the US due to the side effects it can cause.
- Although less potent than ephedrine, it reduces appetite and increase the rate at which fat is burned;
- Weight loss is apparent in the short term.
- Because of how similar it is chemically with ephedrine, the heart may suffer some serious problems in the long run;
- And like its chemical cousin, it acts as a stimulant and can be very addictive. This needs to be used with extreme caution.