Creatine is a natural acid that often heard in fitness circles as a means of boosting muscle. Bodybuilders and wrestlers use this for beefing up in order to acquire even more strength and power. Athletes and sprinters, on the other hand, use this as an added boost, albeit on a smaller scale, to have lean but efficient muscle that will endure prolonged activity.
This natural acid is often used in the form of a dietary supplements, who in turn come in various brands which claim to have their own unique way of releasing creatine into the body. We shall look at a list of 10 very famous types of creatine supplements today.
- Muscle Pharm Creatine – a well-known brand for body builders, Muscle Pharm has been around a while now and most people will tell you to look for this brand if you’re looking for more mass. It has an advanced formula of 5 different types of creatines, and it absorbs quickly. No need to load up on this too much, 5 grams a day is the advertised dose for optimal results.
- BSN Creatine DNA – this mix contains two types of creatine in a highly concentrated manner. It is unflavoured, so it will be perfect for those wanting to make their own mixes, which is recommended as there are no fillers like sweeteners or preservatives on BSN Creatine DNA, just pure creatine.
- MuscleTech Platinum 100% Creatine – very similar to BSN Creatine DNA in a sense that it is unflavoured and highly concentrated, though the advantage of this mix has it decreases recovery time – a trait any bodybuilder / athlete / sprinter / wrestler can appreciate as they all need the training they can get. It also absorbs faster, and improves athletic performance.
- Promera Sports Con-Cret – This particular brand is more suited for people looking for a leaner, trimmer trim build than the usual heavyweight bulk. Those who perform CrossFit, bodyweight workouts and running will love how it helps build lean muscle, improve endurance and boost athletic performance. No need to load up either, small doses will work and you will not bloat from this brand.
- Universal Nutrition Creatine – One of the simpler creatine brands with just one type of creatine – micronized creatine monohydrate, which is clinically proven to give guaranteed results. Because it is micronized, it is easier to mix. It’s also worth noting that since it’s just one type of creatine, this mix is cheaper than most. A bang for the buck.
- Evolution Creatine Plus – A very versatile mix of creatine that can work for all types of athletes, and can mix easily at 1 scoop to 8-12 ounces of water right after working out. Results are very clear with this particular brand, especially during recovery.
- Optimum Micronized Creatine Powder – a very easy to mix brand thanks to micronization. Most powders tend to leave a gritty, chalk like taste in the mouth, but not this one. It’s so easy to use, users have said they can take one spoon without tasting anything, and just wash down with water. Another bang for the buck due to its price and large amount of powder.
- Beast Sports Nutrition Creature Powder – This supplement comes in several flavors, and users have often gone with the Pink Lemonade. Users have gone on to say how it tastes great, while not bloating them and aiding in recovery. Results can show as early as two weeks.
- COR-Performance Creatine by Cellucor – Not the cheapest creatine supplement out there but sometimes quality can come at a cost. This mixture gives you a whopping 5000 mg of Creatine Monohydrate per serving along with 1.25 grams of Betaine which is a proven amino acid that can aid in giving large increases of strength and power. Cellucor has also added Creasorb which promotes bio-availability in order for the body to be more efficient in absorbing nutrients.
- StrengthSeries Creapure HMB – The only major downside with this mixture is that it can only be purchased online, unless you already know someone who has mass ordered this and reselling for added convenience. Great balance between price and good quality ingredients that will help you buff up in size, strength and even speed. Along with 5000mg of Creatine is 1500mg of HMB (hydroxymethylbutyrate) that can actually decrease fat mass – a one two combo of increasing muscle and removing fat. No loading period on this either so you will not bloat from taking this in.